Controlling the greenhous climate with a proper ventilation system including the humidity level
Alumat Zeeman provides tailored advice to provide greenhouses of all types with the optimal vent opening system. Wide-span greenhouses often make use of continuous ventilation systems. In this case, a relatively long, full-width ventilation window is pushed open and closed by a row of rack-and-pinion units. These units are mounted on a drive shaft that is set in motion by a motor.
Alumat Zeeman is not only a specialist in vent opening systems; you can also contact us for a wide range of parts for all your horticultural and screening systems. This unique combination allows us to offer our customers an integrated package, with the advantage of ensuring the optimal connection of the various systems in a greenhouse.
Clear, reliable and compact solutions for ventilation window control
The climate in a greenhouse is of crucial importance to the health of your crop and your crop yield. Ventilation allows you to regulate the climate by opening and closing the windows at regular intervals. Full-width ventilation windows in wide-span greenhouses or polytunnels with hinges either in the ridge or on one or both sides of the ridge are often controlled by direct or indirect vent opening systems. The rack-and-pinion units are attached to the sill of the ventilation window.
The difference between continious and indirect continious vent opening systems
- When one motor per window is used, we call this a directly continuous vent opening system
- When one gearbox per window is used and the motor drives several gearboxes branched-off, we call this an indirect continuous vent opening system
Thanks to our many years of experience, Alumat Zeeman has all the expertise at its fingertips to design your ideal ventilation system. An additional advantage is that we can offer you an all-in-one solution, from a ventilation system to screening system. And what if you want to replace any of the parts in your system later on? It’s good to know that we usually have them in stock and can deliver them quickly.
An open-roof ventilation system is the best solution for crops that need a lot of outside air
Want to have greater control over the climate in the greenhouse? An Alumat Zeeman open-roof vent system allows you to optimally ventilate your greenhouse. In an open-roof ventilation system, the two halves of the greenhouse roof are hinged on the gutter and opened from the ridge outwards. The windows are pushed open by rack-and-pinion units that are driven by a central drive shaft beneath the ridge.
Alumat Zeeman: your supplier for ventilation systems
- System design using Autodesk Inventor and TNO CASTA/greenhouse vent 3D CAD software
- Clear assembly instructions available
- Experienced in cooperating with Dutch and international greenhouse builders and installers, for the seamless coordination of greenhouse cover and vent opening systems
- More than 40 years experience and expertise
- Systems ranging from 500 m2 to over 50 ha possible
- Drive systems built with the reliable motors and gear systems of renowned suppliers such as Ridder, Lock Drives and De Gier Drive Systems
Why opt for an Alumat Zeeman ventilation system?
- Automated logistics for complete delivery, including the requisite customs and transport documentation
- Professional and experienced team
- Worldwide collaboration with installers